Do you believe in the power of branding and marketing to shape the future? Do you think focus groups are a mistake and strive to develop growth strategies around actual consumer behaviors? CULT Food Science has the perfect role for you.
As a focused investment and biotechnology platform, Cult Food Science works to develop and support the Future of Food. We are dedicated to cellular agriculture and precision fermentation.
Help us support the most innovative biotechnology companies on the planet by supporting both CULT Food Science and their portfolio companies in developing strong branding and marketing.
About the role
The Growth & Marketing Manager will report to and work with the President to build and implement CULT’s overall marketing and growth strategy. This individual will work closely with leadership to define positioning, messaging, and PR activities.
This unique role will involve strategy and the implementation of marketing and brand activities for CULT Food Science. The role will also serve as a marketing consultant across our portfolio companies.
CULT believes in the power of content and storytelling. The right person for the role is entrepreneurial and energetic. They will have a ‘roll-up-their-sleeve’, ‘get-stuff-done’ philosophy with a strategic vision. They will have experience building and scaling marketing as well as branding at a very early stage. The role is remote, fast-paced, exciting, and flexible. CULT’s team works hard to support each other in many ways. You will be working with individuals that are dynamic, supportive and excited to be working at the edge of biotechnology and the future of food.
If you are familiar with or have experience in strategic content development, growth marketing/strategy, or brand design, this is an opportunity for you. You will be using your experience to date and building on it with knowledge and understanding of a burgeoning industry.
This role will have varied administrative, management, strategic, and communication tasks.
• With CULT team’s assistance you will develop, map out, and execute 6, 12 & 18-month marketing and growth strategy plans that align with brand values.
• Develop a supporting content strategy that drives high-quality traffic and leads. (Much of CULTs current content is written).
• Create and execute marketing campaigns to drive growth—through both the optimization of existing channels and new experimental channels.
• Personalize the CULT experience by targeting messaging and flows based on key personas, behavioral data, and more.
• Develop and execute a robust and methodical testing framework to consistently drive change across the organization to improve the performance of the marketing and brand experience.
• Support the development of marketing and PR strategies for CULT’s portfolio companies.
• Build and maintain comprehensive reporting on key growth KPIs.
• Create a growth strategy for all our current and future multimedia projects including written content, videos, social accounts, and live experiences like presentations.
• Planning and strategy for new & existing portfolio company growth, building tactics & playbooks to efficiently help scale their channels to support them in achieving their vision.
• Support PR planning an activities. (This role has a large opportunity to focus more on PR, should the strategy fit that direction)
• 5+ years of experience in growth, performance marketing, branding, and marketing strategy.
• Fluency in social platforms including Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
• Fluency in designing customer/user behavior experiments and the development of experience tools such as journey maps, service blueprints, or other related toolsets.
• Experience promoting and growing multimedia &/or social content in a technical setting (Youtube shows and channels, podcast, social accounts, blogs, publications, etc)
• Experience managing a budget and having a strong track record of delivering against monthly goals of spend, CAC & retention.
• Strong understanding of design and content fundamentals to be able to assist multiple stakeholders and contractors in developing content towards the above goals.